The Power of Coconut Oil
If you’ve taken the time to transition into a more natural direction for your health and beauty needs then the words “coconut oil” will be no stranger to your vocabulary. Most health food stores cannot get enough of this product on their shelves before it flies out the door. So why is coconut oil so popular? For the most part, it’s because it is the Swiss army knife of the health and beauty world; it’s multitude of uses makes it a perfect ingredient to have in your pantry. You can actually replace dozens of products you currently have in your cupboards with just one jar of coconut oil.
A few everyday uses of Coconut Oil:
- As a replacement for your usual cooking oil and butter. The consistency of coconut oil makes it perfect for baking alternatives or any other time you may require oil with a high smoke point.
- For a more natural and potent hair mask. Adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to the ends of your locks and leaving it in for 5-10 minutes will help regain moisture in otherwise dry hair.
- As an eye makeup remover. The richness of the oil is a great non-irritant way to get rid of that day old mascara and eyeliner combo.
- Can be used as relief for psoriasis and eczema. Though coconut oil will not cure skin irritations it can be used to soothe mild bouts of itchiness associated with common skin infections and bug bites.
- To replace your non-organic cuticle moisturizer. The moisture lock benefits of coconut oil can help in the maintenance of healthy and strong nails.
- Can help naturally clear up cold sores.
- As an aid for fighting a cold or sore throat. Mix a tablespoon into hot tea to help speed up recovery time from a cold and to soothe a sore throat.
- To stimulate hair growth. When rubbed directly unto the scalp followed by a scalp massage, coconut oil has been known to seal in moisture, improve blood circulation, and provide the necessary nutrients to help with hair growth.
- As a natural health aid. When consumed daily, coconut oil can help with attaining higher energy levels, speed weight loss, improve sleep, and increase mental alertness.
- As a base in natural deodorant- to incorporate the healing and soothing benefits of the oil for the sensitive skin under the arms.
Read more: 101 Uses for Coconut Oil